One of the questions we often get asked is: what to do about hair and make up, etc. when getting ready for a beach wedding. Here are a five things we’ve learned over the years:
- Keep in mind that there will be variables you can’t control (wind, salty, sea air, humidity, etc). But don’t worry too much- we have a list of recommended experts in beach wedding hair and make up who will even come to you. Also, we make sure to position the bride in a way that you are facing into the wind so that it blows the hair away from your face instead of forward.
- If you are not familiar with the climate here in beautiful Charleston, SC, prepare for humidity! Love it, live it, embrace it! We will help you choose a ceremony time that is in the coolest part of the day but that isn’t saying much down here in the hot, hazy gorgeous Lowcountry! Our best advice is to just prepare for it (ahem, deodorant and waterproof make-up) and enjoy the feeling of your toes in the cool sand while you say your vows!
- One of the best things about beach weddings is that you can go as fancy or casual with your dress as you like! So go shopping and pick what you love because everything looks gorgeous with the setting of the beautiful beach and the magical glowing light of the golden hour on the water.
- Hydrate! It sounds so simple but it really does make a huge difference. The more hydrated you are, the better you fare in the heat and the more your skin glows with happiness!
- Remember the most important thing: you’re getting married to someone who thinks you are beautiful so just be yourself, relax and enjoy the moment!